ΙΑΤΡΟΣ – ΟΓΚΟΠΛΑΣΤΙΚΟΣ ΧΕΙΡΟΥΡΓΟΣ ΜΑΣΤΟΥ
Ειδικός Ογκοπλαστικός Χειρούργος Μαστού, MD, PhD
Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Πλήρες βιογραφικό στα Ελληνικά
Ογκοπλαστικός Χειρούργος Μαστού, Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust London, U.K
Εξειδικευμένη εκπαίδευση στην χειρουργική μαστού
Αύγουστος 2016-Ιούλιος 2017
Μονάδα Μαστού Royal Marsden Hospital London NHS
Foundation Trust: Εντατικό fellowship στην Ογκοπλαστική Χειρουργική του Μαστού.
Μάρτιος 2013-Ιούλιος 2016
Μονάδα Μαστού του Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust: Fellowship στη
Δεκέμβριος 2012-Μάρτιος 2013
Μονάδα Μαστού του Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Charing Cross and St Mary’s Hospital: Fellowship στη Χειρουργική Μαστού.
Ιούλιος 2011-Απρίλιος 2012
Μονάδα Μαστού στο ιδιωτικό Γενικό Νοσοκομείο Υγεία:: Χειρουργός Μαστού.
Ιανουάριος 2011-Ιούνιος 2011
Μονάδα Μαστού του Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust St Mary’s Hospital: Honorary Fellowship στη Χειρουργική Μαστού.
Οκτώβριος 2010- Δεκέμβριος 2010
Μονάδα Μαστού της A’ Χειρουργικής και Γυναικολογικής Κλινικής του Νοσοκομείου Έλενα Βενιζέλου Αθήνα, Ελλάς: Κλινική Μετεκπαίδευση στη Μονάδα Μαστού.
Γενική Χειρουργική:Μάρτιος 2005-Απρίλιος 2011
Κοργιαλενιο-Μπενάκειο Ε.Ε.Σ. Γενικό Νοσοκομείο Αθηνών
Πανεπιστήμιο Ιωαννίνων με βαθμό 8/10.
Ιατρική Σχολή Πανεπιστημίου Ιωαννίνων με βαθμό Άριστα
Θέμα: “Expression and Clinical Significance of claudin-7, PDL-1, PTEN, c-Kit, c-Met, c-Myc, ALK, CK5/6, CK17, p53, EGFR, Ki67, p63 in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. A Single Centre Prospective Observational Study.”
spending my summers as a medical student in the Major Anticancer Centre in
Athens “Agios Savvas” and rotating among different surgical specialties I was
fascinated by breast surgery. Even before I completed my general surgical
training in 2011 I was accepted for a 6 months Honorary Fellowship at the
Breast Unit of St Mary’s hospital, London and since then I have been dedicated
to improve my skills in the management of breast cancer including diagnosis
adequate follow up of patients, oncoplastic surgery and reconstruction. I have completed three
fellowships in Breast Surgery in the Breast Unit of Imperial College Healthcare
NHS Trust, in the Breast Unit of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust and the
year 2016 I completed a one year
intensive fellowship in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery at the Royal Marsden
Hospital. During these posts I was organising and managing Outpatient Breast
clinics, where I felt very valuable to patients and often acted as advocate,
confidante and occasional counsellor. I have also contributed and gained
insight into all areas of the job from attending multi-disciplinary meetings,
presenting and organising Oncoplastic MDT and being able to perform all range
of operations in breast surgical oncology as well as various techniques in
breast reconstruction in very complicated patients. I was also involved in many
activities of clinical governance as, organising and presenting in the weekly
journal club, preparing audit proposals for the two national audits IBRA2 and
The feedback and the love that I receive from my patients is incredible not only in the form of Thank you cards but also with many compliments to PALS, direct emails to the chief executive and also 5/5 online reviews to the site “IWANTAGREATCARE”
regards of teaching I am supervising and teaching the junior doctors as well
the medical students.
regards of service development and improvement Ι have
organised and became the clinical lead for the presentations of the M&M, I
have also been appointed as Clinical Governance and Audit Lead.
Academically I have
completed my PhD research on Triple Negative Breast cancer patients and the
paper with the results have been
published IN VIVO journal on PUBMED. I defended my
thesis December 2018 and passed with distinction. This was a
retroprospective project that investigated the correlation of immnunohistochemical
markers with the prognosis of triple negative breast cancer.
I have also
published scientific papers to peer review journals and I had the opportunity
to collaborate in research with Professor Ian Fentiman.
2005-2011: Korialenio Mpenakio E.E.S Athens General Hospital: General Surgery Residency Program. (6-year program including Basic Surgery Training, Accident and Emergency and advance SpR Training in General Surgery with specialties rotation).
1997-2003: “Doctor of General Medicine” (MBBS equivalent), University of Ioannina. Graduate with the degree “Very Good” (8/10)
- August 2016-July 2017 Breast Unit Royal Marsden Hospital London NHS Foundation Trust: Oncoplastic Fellowship in Breast Surgery
- March 2013-July 2016 Breast Unit Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust: Fellowship in Breast Surgery
- December 2012-March 2013 Breast Unit Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Charing Cross and St Mary’s Hospital: Fellowship in Breast Surgery
- July 2011-April 2012 Breast Unit, Hygeia Private hospital, Athens, Greece: Associated Surgeon
- January 2011-June 2011 Breast Unit Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust St Mary’s Hospital: Honorary Fellowship in Breast Surgery
- October 2010- December 2010 Breast Unit at the A’ Surgical and obstetric Clinic ‘”Elena Venizelou” hospital Athens, Greece: Clinical Fellow in the Breast Unit
- March 2005-April 2011 Korialenio Mpenakio E.E.S Athens General Hospital: General Surgery Residency Program. (6-year program including Basic Surgery Training, Accident and Emergency and advance Training in General Surgery with specialties rotation).
University of Ioannina, School of Medicine Greece
Completion Date: December 2018-passed with distinction
“Expression and Clinical Significance of claudin-7, PDL-1, PTEN, c-Kit, c-Met, c-Myc, ALK, CK5/6, CK17, p53, EGFR, Ki67, p63 in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. A Single Centre Prospective Observational Study”
- Expression and Clinical Significance of claudin-7, PDL-1, PTEN, c-Kit, c-Met, c-Myc, ALK, CK5/6, CK17, p53, EGFR, Ki67, p63 in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. A Single Centre Prospective Observational Study C Constantinou, S Papadopoulos, E Karyda, A Alexopoulos, N Agnanti, A Batistatou and H Harisis in vivo32: 303-311 (2018) doi:10.21873/invivo.11238
- Inflammation and breast cancer.C Constantinou, IS Fentiman Breast Cancer Management, 2013 Vol. 2, No. 4, Pages 311-325, DOI 10.2217/bmt.13.26 (doi:10.2217/bmt.13.26)
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ Treatment Requires a Multidisciplinary Approach. C Constantinou, IS Fentiman Journal of Cancer Therapy 2013 Vol. 4 No. 7, Article ID: 36240 , 14 pages DOI:10.4236/jct.2013.47140
- The value of plasma neurotensin and cytokine measurement for the detection of bowel ischaemia in clinically doubtful cases: a prospective study. Sgourakis G, Papapanagiotou A, Kontovounisios C, Karamouzis MV, Lanitis S, Konstantinou C, Karaliotas C, Papavassiliou AG.Exp Biol Med (Maywood).
- Diagnosis and treatment of Male Breast Cancer. Chloe Constantinou and Ian Fentiman Breast cancer Management, 2013 Vol. 1, No. 4, Pages 295-304 , DOI 10.2217/bmt.12.47 (doi:10.2217/bmt.12.47)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystecomy: Coming of age in Greece. Retrospective clinical study. D. Ntourakis, E.Kritikos, E. Tsovolou, Ch.Konstantinou, Ch. Tampakis, I. Stavrakis, P. Tzardis. Hellenic Journal of Surgery 2010; 82: 1
- The TeaM study 2017
- The iBra-2 study 2017
- Current margin practice and effect on re-excision rates following the publication of the SSO-ASTRO consensus and ABS consensus guidelines: a national prospective study of 2858 women undergoing breast conserving therapy in the UK and Ireland
Academic Distinctions and Awards
from the Histopathological department, Ioannina Medical University, for the
best scientific performance for the year 2002
- Oncoplastic And Reconstructive Breast Surgery International Scientific
Meeting, (ORBS Meetings) 30 September to 2nd October 2019
- 1st UK Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Symposium held on 15th-16th
January 2018 at Manchester Central Convention Centre
- Innovations and Advances in Breast Surgery (IABS)-First International
Conference held at Wolverhampton University 26th June 2017
- 2nd Integra Interantional Tissue Technologies symposium June
15-16th ,2017 Berlin Germany
- Association of Breast Surgery Conference 15th and 16th
May 2017 Belfast Waterfront.
- Oxford Oncoplastic Breast Surgery (OOPS) Course. (16th-17th March 2017)
- Trainning the Trainners of today
module 1 and 2, 10th February 2017
- 4th ABS Multidisciplinary Meeting 2017
- The Royal Marsden Hospital management course Management course 2days 2016
- The 19th Educational day for Breast Cancer, Helenic Breast Surgical Society 15/10/2016
- The 9th annual Royal Marsden Breast Cancer Meeting Friday
- Allergan’s Medical Institute Surgeon’s Day, 24/09/2016, London
- Specialty skills in Breast Surgery: Principles in Breast reconstruction
Level 2 at The Royal college of Surgeons of England 26-27/5/2016
- Preparing for your first consultant role. MDU-Management course
- Surgical Aesthetics Educational Day, 27/02/2016, London
- ESSO Advanced Course on Breast Cancer Surgery Lisbon
- Breast reconstruction with ADM Kings College July 2014
- TARGIT Academy Training Course UCL February 2014
- Advanced Trauma Life Support. 2007- University of Athens
- Basic Life Support. 2007 University of Athens